The following standards pertain to the alteration, reconstruction, and new
construction of greenhouses, and to the installation of pre-fabricated greenhouses:
- Detached greenhouses are prohibited.
- Greenhouses will be attached to the house and will be treated as an addition to a dwelling unit and subject to the same level of review.
- Greenhouses must be consistent with the character of the community in both design and size.
- Greenhouses must be behind the rear plane and attached to the house.
- Greenhouses made of clear vinyl plastic siding or roofing material is prohibited.
- The size and design of greenhouses must be architecturally compatible with the house and surrounding houses.
- Greenhouses shall be neat in appearance both inside and out.
- The use of greenhouses for any commercial purpose is prohibited.
- The use of greenhouses for storage purposes is prohibited.
- Applicants are responsible for compliance with county setback requirements and for obtaining all approvals and county permits for the alterations, reconstruction and new construction of greenhouses and the installation of pre-fabricated greenhouses. Due to the variety of greenhouses available, approval of greenhouses will be at the discretion of the ARB and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
In addition to the basic application requirements, the application for greenhouses
- Property Plat/site plan showing the size and location of the proposed greenhouse.
Distances from adjacent property lines must also be indicated.
- Description of materials and colors to be used on the proposed greenhouse.
- Detailed architectural drawings of the proposed structure including dimensions
and all elevations as typically required by the county.
- Photograph, brochure/catalog photo, rendering or drawings of the greenhouse are