The following standards pertain to the installation or replacement of porch lights,
lampposts, outdoor accent lighting, security lighting, landscape lighting, and other
types of exterior lighting:
- The number, location, design and size of all exterior light fixtures must be harmonious with the applicant’s house and adjacent houses and consistent with the overall character of the community.
- All exterior lighting, particularly spotlighting, must be located and angled so as not to be directed outside the boundaries of the applicant’s lot.
- Ground level accent lighting/landscape lighting fixtures must be unobtrusive in nature with a black, brown, or dark green finish.
- New lampposts must be no more than seven feet in height and have a black, polished brass, antique bronze or antiqued brass finish. Colonial style lamp posts that are harmonious and match the existing colors of the house will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Lamps on the light post must be harmonious with the other light fixtures on the house in terms of style finish.
- Seasonal lighting displays may be set up 30 days prior, but shall be removed
within 30 days after the holiday, weather permitting.
In addition to the basic application requirements, applications for the installation or
replacement of porch lights, lampposts, outdoor accent lighting, security lighting, and
other types of exterior lighting, must include:
- Property plat/site plan showing the location of the proposed light fixtures.
- Detailed specifications and drawings of the proposed light fixture(s) including
material, finish type and color, size/dimensions.
- Photograph, brochure/catalog photo, rendering or drawings of the exterior
lighting are encouraged.
- Applications are not required for seasonal lighting displays.