The following standards pertain to the installation or replacement of all exterior entry
doors. This section does not include standards for garage doors or storm/screen
doors. For standards pertaining to garage doors or storm/screen doors, please refer to
the appropriate sections.
- Full view stained glass doors or doors with features occupying 50% or more stained glass are prohibited.
- Doors with less than 50% stained glass features are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Painted sidelights adjacent to doors must match existing trim color. Wood grain sidelights door combinations are considered on a case by case basis.
- The top of the kick plate will be no higher than twelve inches from the bottom of the entry door.
- For standards specifically pertaining to the installation of new doors or replacement of existing doors, which change the overall color scheme of the residence, please refer to the section on exterior color changes.
- The architectural design, character, and size of the proposed exterior entry doors
will be harmonious and consistent with the design and character of the existing
house, adjacent houses and structures.
In addition to the basic application requirements, the application for entry doors must
- Complete descriptions of the entry doors including dimensions, colors, and
location of kick plate.
- Photograph, brochure/catalog photo, rendering or drawings of the entry door are