The following standards pertain to replacement of existing windows and installation
of new windows:
- New windows will match the type currently used in the applicant’s house.
- Window frames and mullions (if applicable) must be white or match the existing trim color of the house.
- The architectural design, character, and size of the proposed windows will be harmonious and consistent with the design and character of the existing house, adjacent houses and structures.
- Windows with stained glass accent features and subtle tinting are permitted on a
case-by-case basis, and must follow the application procedure outlined below.
Application is not required for windows as long as applicant complies with all of the
above standards. Windows with stained glass features, tinting or etching must apply
for approval following the basic application requirements. Applications for stained,
tinted or etched windows must also include:
- Detailed specifications and drawings of the proposed window including the type
of material, finish type and color, size/dimensions.
- Catalog photos/drawings (if available) are highly recommended.
- A drawing or photograph showing the proposed location of the windows on the
- Basement emergency egress windows on the rear of house..