The following standards pertain to the installation, replacement, and removal of
- Shutters will be louvered or raised panel design. Approval of all other shutter types/styles will be at the discretion of the ARB and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- The architectural design, character, form, size, and proportion of the shutters will be harmonious and consistent with the design and character of the existing house, adjacent houses and structures. Architectural detailing must match house.
- For standards specifically pertaining to the installation of new shutters or replacement of existing shutters, which change the overall color scheme of the residence, please refer to the section on Exterior Color Changes.
- For removal of shutters additional cleaning or bleaching of the house facade may
be required to mitigate weathering patterns.
In addition to the basic application requirements, the application for installation of
new shutters or replacement of existing shutters must include:
- Detailed specifications of the proposed shutters including type of material, finish
type and color, size/dimensions.
- Photograph, brochure/catalog photo, rendering or drawings of the shutters are