COMMUNITY CENTER OFFICE HOURS
The Community Center is currently closed to members during this time. Jan and Ann are alternating days and are available by email – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (703) 815-1136 Monday through Thursday 9:00 am until 5:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am until 1:00 pm. We can provide tennis keys ($10 deposit), mailbox stain or forms. Just let us know what you need and we will leave it in the black mailbox at the bottom of the steps.
WEBSITE AND EMAIL BLAST NOTIFICATIONS
The new Virginia Run Website is up and running but it requires all members to register. If you were registered on the old website, login as an existing account and you will receive a new password. If you are registering on the website for the first time or using a different email, then please login using the create an account button. Our new website vendor is Civic Plus so please be sure to check your spam folder for emails. This new website requires you to sign-up for email notifications. Go to Community on the Home page and click on Notification Preferences to make your selection.
JRMC BASKETBALL COURT
With the additional playtime at the basketball court, we are asking all players to please be considerate and clean-up your water bottles and place them in the trash can after you finish your game. Especially in these times, others do not want to have to handle bottles and litter discarded on the ground. Thank You!!
Dead or leaning trees can cause a danger to your home or a neighboring lot. Owners are responsible for removing dead trees from their property. Please be a good neighbor and take care of any unsafe trees that are on your lot.
Please make sure Management has a copy of any leases for your rental properties. Tenants are added to the database so they can receive The Horn and any other updates for pertaining to our residents. Either owners or tenants can have pool privileges. Please notify Management if you are not extending the use of the pool to your tenants.
With many home improvements under way and the upcoming elections in 2020, we want to remind owners of the ARB Standards pertaining to yard signs. See the paragraph below for specifics on Signs.
The following standards pertain to the installation or posting of signs on the homeowner’s property:
- One (1) sign per lot is approved for display in the front yard only.
- Real estate signs (offering property for sale or lease); political signs (advocating a declared candidate), and commercial contractor signs (advertising a contractor who is performing work on a lot), must not exceed 8 square feet and may be placed on a lot subject to the following limitations and restrictions.
- Real estate signs must be removed within five (5) days of settlement.
- Political signs are considered a seasonal display and can only represent a declared candidate.
- All signs must be removed within 48 hours after the election date.
- Commercial contractor signs may be displayed when the work is in progress.
- The sign must be removed within 48 hours of work completion.
- Warning signs (Beware of Dog/Invisible Fence) or similar signage are permitted, but shall not exceed 88 square inches in size. One warning sign per lot is permitted and must be located within five (5) feet of driveway entrance.
- Two security signs are permitted per lot and must be located within five (5) feet of the house and or at the mailbox/entrance to the driveway. Security signs shall not exceed 64 square inches in size.
- No signs may be attached to structures, lampposts, trees, mailbox posts, fences, state traffic or utility poles.
- Signs advertising for services or products (other than real estate, political, contractor and security signs described above) are prohibited.
- Permanent signs such as warning or security signs may not be made of cardboard, paper, or other material that will not withstand the elements, but will be made of metal, fiberglass, plastic, or similar long-lasting materials.
Please click here to view July 2020’s Horn.