Virginia Run Virginia Run
Login | Register
  About Us
  HOA Contact Information / Amenities
  The Horn Magazine
  Riptide Swim Team
  Frequently Asked Questions
  New to the Neighborhood?
  Contact Us
  2020 Annual Meeting Information
  Message Board
  Columbia Gas Information
  Online Community Directory
  Find a Sitter
  Lost and Found
  What's New
  Upcoming Events
  Community Center Room Reservations
  HOA Information, Documents and Forms
  Board of Trustee Meeting Minutes
  Asset Management Committee Minutes
  Board and Committees

Virginia Run
Frequently Asked Questions

  • Are there any historical documents about Centreville or Virginia Run?
  • At what age do you require a pool pass?
    Everyone 2 years and older is required to have a pool pass. 
  • Can we decrease the speed limit on Pleasant Valley Road?
    All roads in the community belong to the Commonwealth of Virginia, Virginia Department of Transportation.  They maintain them and make the rules.  Also, because there are no driveways that open onto Pleasant Valley Road, VDOT established the speed limit at 40 MPH.
  • Can we use the community center for a private event?
    Yes, the Community Center can be reserved on a first come first serve basis.  The cost is $150 for the first 3 hours and $50 per hour on weekday evenings (Monday through Thursday) and $250 for the first 3 hours and $25 for each additional hour on weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). 
  • Do I have to follow all the Architectural Review Board (ARB) Standards?
    Yes.  The ARB provides standards for homeowners to follow when making improvements/changes to their property.  Some projects require approval before they are started and some are preapproved providing that they comply with the ARB standards.  Review ARB standards to determine what requires application and approval.  Contact Management at the community center if you need to have anything approved or what the limits are before starting to do any outside construction projects or improvements to your home.  When in doubt, apply to the ARB.  You could be assessed fees for starting a project without obtaining prior ARB approval.
  • How do a get a guest pool pass for family and friends?
    You can purchase a day pass at the pool facility, $3 during the week or $5 on a weekend.  The guards can only accept checks payable to Virginia Run.  A 20 punch pool pass can be purchased at the management office during office hours for $20.  Management can accept cash or checks.
  • How do we access the tennis courts?
    A tennis key can be purchased at the management office for $10.00 . 
  • How often does the ARB review applications?
    The ARB meets monthly, generally the first Tuesday of each month.  Applications are due the Friday before.
  • Is Wifi available at the pool?
  • What are the amenities in the community center, how large is it?
    The community center has a stereo, tables and chairs, couches, a microwave and refrigerator and the room is approximately 600 square feet.
  • What are the hours for the pool?
    Pool hours are 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily.  The pool opens the weekend before Memorial Day for the weekend only and opens for the season Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
  • What are the restrictions on the use of the community center?
    Everyone must vacate the premises prior to 11:00 p.m.  Alcohol may be served.  Decorations are allowed but must not damage any part of the community center.  The building must be cleaned and left in the same or better condition than it was found.  Please contact management for further details on renting the community center.
  • What day is trash day?
    Monday is trash and yard debris pick up day and Thursday is trash and recycling pick up.  Special pickups can be arranged by contacting Patriot Disposal at 703-257-7100.  There is no yard waste service between December 15th and March 15th. 
  • What does the JMRC stand for?
    The recreation center was named after James McDonnell, a long-term Virginia Run resident, former president of the Board of Trustees, and active volunteer in Centreville who passed away.
  • What if I forget my pool pass?
    You cannot get into the pool facility without a validated (e.g., current year sticker) pool pass.  If you need a pool pass during the pool season, they are processed at the office from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays at the management office.  If you need to make other arrangements, please contact management.
  • What options do we have for paying dues?
    You can pay dues by check or credit card.  You can pay auto/direct debit through your bank or you can set up a direct debit through Sequoia Management Company (SMC) at no extra charge.  Credit card payments can be made at   There is a charge of $8.50 for each credit card transaction.  Please contact management @ or 703.815.1136 for further details on making payments.
  • Why aren't there lights at the pool or recreation center at night?
    We have county-issued use permits for those areas, which limit the hours, capacity, use, lighting and noise levels at those locations.
  • Why doesn't Virginia Run install lights at the James McDonnell Recreation Center (JMRC) Facility?
    The current zoning for that area prohibits lights.